Wednesday, April 27, 2011

L. (Libraries)

Looking out from the W. Van Alan Clark Jr. Library at the SMFA
Photo: Angela M. Counts
The Museum (School) Library
As I close this week -- both this entry and the blog -- I'd like to end sort of where I began...the library. I can't get away from books and the city! Preparing for my final paper for Mexico Art History class, I spent a great deal of time in the W. Van Alan Clark Jr. Library at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts

Libraries are definitely repository of books as much as they are places for contemplation and art. The following photos are photos I took chronicling the view from and within the library on a nascent, spring day.

Spring day in the W. Van Alan Clark Jr. Library at the SMFA
Photo: Angela M. Counts


The way we see them: W. Van Alan Clark Jr. Library at the SMFA
Photo: Angela M. Counts


Perspective: W. Van Alan Clark Jr. Library at the SMFA
Photo: Angela M. Counts
And last but not least, if you are in Boston and would like to see some of this blog as it appears in the exhibit, Whistling Past the Freedom Trail, the show runs through June 3 at Horticultural Hall, The William Morris Hunt Memorial Library, 300 Massachusetts Avenue.